LaSalle International’s first educational establishment opens its doors in 1959. It all starts with the LaSalle College located in the LaSalle borough of Montreal. Mr. Jean-Paul Morin is the founder of the College. This Canadian entrepreneur’s mission is to create job opportunities for the Quebec population by providing education that is in line with job market demands. In response to the growing demand in administrative labour at the time, the College offers its first program in secretarial training.
Just as 50 years ago, LaSalle College continues to connect its students to the realities of the workplace. From secretarial courses back in 1959 to the opening of the Fucshia restaurant in 1996 for students in Professional Cooking and Food Service Management, the College raises the bar in private vocational training. A most recent addition, the daycare LaSalle des Petits, collaborates with the Early Childhood Education and Special Care Counselling programs to offer aspiring early childhood educators a closer look at the profession.
TRAINING BEYOND COMPARE
- Programs offered in French and English with the option to alternate some of your classes to a second language and some programs are offered as bilingual options.
- Practical educational projects that reflect professional realities and lead to internationally-recognized diplomas.
- One of the most flexible college in Quebec, allowing for accelerated studies.
- Enthusiastic, devoted teachers with solid background in the work force.
- Access to Work-Study programs.
- Opportunities for students to participate in regional, national and international contests.
- Internships with the most innovative companies.
- A campus that encourages environmentally conscious practices throughout various initiatives.
- Programs facilitating an entrepreneurial development.