By way of illustration, Bournemouth University is recognised as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK.
United KingdomInquire Now
About Bournemouth University
The university has come a long way in a short amount of time and we currently have over 17,000 students of which 1,500 are international students from around 130 countries.
Bournemouth has a strong professional orientation with a focus on academic excellence and employability after graduation. Graduates from the National Centre for Computer Animation have worked in Hollywood on such films as Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Star Wars, Madagascar and King Kong. Areas of research expertise include forensic archaeology and crime scene science where, for example, staff are currently investigating genocide in Iraq, Bosnia and Rwanda and the implications of unearthing 40,000 year old human footprints in central Mexico.
Bournemouth is world renowned as an international conference centre, and plays host to major academic, professional and of course, political conferences. It also offers one of the largest exhibition and entertainment venues on the south coast.
Bournemouth has two campuses: Lansdowne and Talbot campus.
The Talbot Campus is home to the majority of the University’s facilities, including the Faculty of Management, the Faculty of Media & Communication, the Faculty of Science & Technology, The Graduate School, SportBU, The Sir Michael Cobham Library and much more.
Meanwhile, the Lansdowne Campus is home to the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences and The Executive Business Centre, where postgraduate education for the Faculty of Management is delivered. It is also where the majority of the University’s accommodation facilities are based.A lot of the support services, such as the marketing, HR, finance, international admissions and the AskBU drop-in service are also based here.
The University has the Educational Development and Quality (EDQ) team who are committed to maintaining the policies, procedures and processes that assure high standards across our academic programs.
- Developing policies and procedures for the design, delivery, assessment and monitoring of our academic programs to assure standards and enhance the quality of provision
- Supporting faculties and partners through the process of framework evaluation, Faculty Quality Audits and Partner Approvals and Reviews
- Processing appeals and academic complaints at the Central Review Stage and managing the proess for University-level Academic Offences Boards
- Servicing University Committees, including the Senate, Academic Standards Committee (ASC), and Education and Student Experience Committee (ESEC)
- Providing resources to support curriculum design and enhance teaching, learning and assessment approaches
- Managing and overseeing the republication of the university’s Academic Regulations, Policies and Procedures
- Managing the university’s engagements with external quality assurance bodies.
One of the things that distinguishes the quality of the teaching at Bournemouth University is its framework and program specifications. These are provided to students as part of their handbook and are the defining documentation for academic programs and awards. They cover:
- The aims of the program
- Intended learning outcomes
- Curriculum content
- Program structure
- Assessment methods
- Learning and teaching methods
- Progression opportunities
- Assessment regulations
- Admission regulations
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Business, Management and Marketing
- Computing and Information Technology
- Conservation ecology and environmental sciences
- Corporate and marketing communications
- Design and Engineering
- Forensic and Biological Sciences
- Games and Music Technology
- Health and Social Care
- History, Politics and Social Studies
- Journalism and Communication
- Media Production
- Media and Communication
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This school’s location
Bournemouth University is at the heart of the largest non-industrial conurbation in Europe. It is in a wonderful location sandwiched between the UK’s newest National Park, best beaches and largest natural harbour. It is home to a major financial services sector (JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide Building Society and Liverpool Victoria among others) as well as having the largest concentration of language schools outside London and many national headquarters including the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and Sunseeker International.
Live, learn, explore. Study Abroad.