Study in United Kingdom
Bellerbys College, founded in Brighton in 1959, is a group of 4 international schools in the UK offering students a variety of pathways into UK universities. Students come at the age of 14 or above and study GCSEs, A Levels, and foundation programmes. The college uses expert teachers and small class sizes to enable students to achieve excellent results. Students are accommodated in college residence rooms or with local families arranged by the college.
GCSE: Bellerbys offers a 1 year GCSE programme enabling students to get 6 GCSE qualifications before progressing to A Levels or Foundation.
A Levels: The UK A Levels are the most well established route to UK universities, and are studied over 2 years or 1.5 years. Students study 4 subjects and universities offer places based on their A Level grades. Students have the opportunity to go to any university in the UK including Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College London and the London School of Economics. Students wishing to study medicine or dentistry should also choose A Levels.
Foundation: The Bellerbys College Foundation Programme is studied over 9 months (1 academic year) and offers a quick route into university for international students who have finished high school in their home country. Students pick one of 8 pathways from the following depending on their intended degree subject area:
- Art and Design
- Business, Finance and Management
- Management Computing Systems
- Science and Pharmacy
The Foundation Programme is formally recognised by 50 UK universities, and each student will have the chance to apply to 5 universities via the UCAS system.
- At Bellerbys College 57% of A Level grades were A* or A in 2012
- Bellerbys College Brighton ranked 29th of all schools in the UK by the Financial Times 2012,for outstanding A Level results
- Over 1/3 of Foundation students gained places at the top 20 ranked UK universities in 2012
- 11 out of the top 20 Times Ranked Universities are Bellerbys College Foundation partner universities.