Australian Internships, the pioneering internship agency in Australia. Our vision is to provide premium internship placements to top international students and recent graduates in their academic field. Australian Internships arrange individualised internships with three program options available. We understand candidates’ desire for professional excellence and will help you make your first step into “the real world”. This is made possible by a team of professionals who guide you through the entire internship process. Our support network and commitment to service will make your stay in Australia an unforgettable experience.
$4,000 - $7,000
About Australian Internships
Australian Internships (AI) is proud to be recognised as the global leader of internship program providers. With almost 20 years’ experience, AI has established a long term quality reputation and is proud to be the preferred internship provider for most leading Australian universities. We offer internships in almost all academic disciplines for candidates from over 80 countries around the world!
- Established in 1998, AI was the first Australia’s internship provider
- Market leader in the segment
- 12,000+ candidates with 90+ nationalities
- Over 5,600 host organisations Australia wide
- Internships in most academic disciplines
- Active in establishing the Australian internships industry association (AIIA)
- Globalize your resume
- Gain exposure to a real working environment
- Develop the skills and knowledge learned through studies
- Learn how to deal with obstacles and unexpected events in the workplace
- Learn about Australian workplace culture
- Build professional relationships and networks
- Develop professional communication skills in the Australian workplace
Cultural Exchange is the exchange of differing ideas, beliefs, rituals, customs and traditions between people with different backgrounds. Australian Internships aims to promote this exchange in order to foster mutual understanding and tolerance of other cultures throughout the internship programs.
Within our programs, international visitors can gain a better understanding of Australian labour procedures and way of life. It’s not only the interns that learn from this exchange but the surrounding community as well. Working or living alongside interns from other countries can provide a better appreciation for other cultures and can also challenge established perceptions.
- Aged Care Internship
- Hospitality Internship (Culinary, Food & Beverage, Front Office)
- Professional Internship (Business, Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources, Graphic Design, Journalism, Events, Sport, Politics and many more)
What our students say
I decided to do my internship in Australia to gain experience working abroad, living on own and trying to adapt to another culture. Having an internship abroad is like working. I got to work full time, which helped me earn, save and and pay for my own bills. I’ve learned to be independent. I had to work hard to pay for my bills. I had to do my own laundry, cook my own food and buy groceries. I learned to stand on my own feet, without my parents/family by my side. I became globally competitive, which gives me an edge in my chosen field.
My internship is at Hyatt Hotel Canberra in the Food and Beverage Department. At first it’s hard. I really had a hard time adjusting with the weather. Since Canberra is one of the coldest place here in Australia. I could hardly sleep because it was too cold. At work, it was easy for me to adjust since I got used to working with different nationalities. Everyone was adjusting with different cultures but it wasn’t hard as I thought because they’re kind and approachable. You will find new friends that will make you enjoy your stay.
I definitely recommend students and young professionals to do an internship abroad. Always look for a better opportunity. My advice would be, don’t be scared to try something new, don’t be scared to go out and live alone. Always grab the opportunity given to you. It’s you who make your future. Always dream big and high.
Live, learn, explore. Study Abroad.